Thursday 23 July 2009

Didn't I Have A Lovely Day

The day I went TabanyaRuu.

Having roused myself from my sleep I went downstairs to join Kiva and Mylo for the day and the opportunity to water the grass. Breakfast was served on time (10/10 for efficiency) and then it was time for a play with Kiva whilst the Dogs to Stay people drank coffee and read the snoozepapers. A pretty normal start to the day.

Things changed though when Mylo and I were put in the back of the Jeep. Kiva was left behind and I must admit I was wondering what was going to happen .... Off we went in the Jeep, through the village and then along lots of winding roads, before long we came to a town and the Jeep was parked.

Mylo and I got out and we were taken into a small building .... oh dear - it was the vets - I recognised the uniforms that the staff were wearing. We didn't have to wait long at all before we were called in to see the nurse... I was a little concerned because even though I knew I was fine I wasn't sure about Mylo - I hoped there was nothing wrong with him as I had kind of got used to him. Mylo was taken to a machine that weighed him - 20.9 it read (not that I can read but I did hear the nurse say so) - Simon was really pleased, the nurse wrote in a book and then we left - if only all trips to the vets could be so easy .... apparently it was Fat Club - somewhere where Mylo has to go every few weeks to make sure he's still losing weight.

Back in the Jeep and before long we were back at Dogs to Stay - we were taken out for a lovely walk and then I played with Kiva in the garden.

Before I knew it I was put back in the Jeep - this time with Kiva whilst Mylo was left at home - off we went, this time for a long long time - eventually we came to Surrey - quite classy really. We waited for some gates to open before driving through and parking. Kiva and I were taken out of the Jeep and I looked around at a huge house .... apparently this was TabanyaRuu Towers - home of the famous TabanyaRuu breeders. Kiva and I were led through into the garden (well I think it was a garden though it did look a bit like a huge field and forest) where I met some more Lappies; Sisko (Kiva's mum), Smuu (Kiva's granny) and Tuukka (Kiva's granddad) - there was another little dog there, I think it was called Zinty but I ignored it because all it did was bark.

It was a pretty good afternoon - we were there for hours, running, playing, chilling, eating bones and sleeping before getting back in the Jeep and driving home. All in all a pretty interesting day - I kind of like it here, something exciting happens most days :-)

No comments: