Monday 6 April 2009

Good Friday

I was chastised last evening for not having updated the blog since Friday - so here is a quick summary of Friday's activities at Dogs to Stay:


Friday morning began the same as any other with Taavi, having been alerted to us being awake, up and about letting us know that he was looking forward to greeting us by his customary morning whine (not a distressed one of course, more the "please hurry up and come to see me" one). Opening the door to the lounge or kitchen (the 2 rooms that the dogs have access to during the night) results in 3 happy Lappy faces and 3 wagging Lappy tails greeting me - it is such a pleasure to be greeted in such a way - the only issue is how to stroke 3 dogs with just 2 hands - there is a solution though; Kiva lies on the floor, belly up, so that I can stroke her with my forearm whilst stroking Taavi with the hand and, with my other hand I am able to stroke Mylo - sorted.

Walking 3 dogs with one pair of hands can also be somewhat tricky - I have given up with the brace instead favouring Kiva and Taavi on 2 conventional leads and Mylo on an extender. Walks are so much easier now and Taavi and Kiva can be allowed to walk free where appropriate whilst Mylo has the freedom of the extending lead (Mylo is going through a "I don't do recall" phase).

Observing the dogs interact continues to be a pleasure - the combinations of whom plays with who and how seems endless.

Once again Friday evening was much like any other with the 3 of them totally chilled - well apart from Taavi's issue with Sam the cat....

No comments: