Saturday 16 May 2009

Coming Our Of A Shell

When plans were made for Kuje's stay I was determined to achieve one thing, namely to ensure that he was able to relax with us as a member of the pack. 48 hours after his arrival we now have a dog that follows me almost everywhere, settles on the sofa next to Lou, interacts perfectly with Kiva and Mylo (as they do with him), eats his meals (given 1/2 the chance he would probably eat Kiva's and Mylo' s too), enjoys his walks (complete with correct tail posture), accepts the cats (as they do he), readily accepts treats from Lou and I and even lets us give him the occasional stroke. Is he happy? I would like to think so :-)

As previously posted Kuje normally sleeps with his hufamily - something he seemed more than content to do here for his first 2 nights. Last night was somewhat different though as, about 15 minutes after we had retired for the night, some incredible noises were heard from downstairs - they weren't alarming in any way but were enough to make me come downstairs to check on the dogs.

Opening the door to the lounge resulted in Kiva and Kuje greeting me, well they were fine - that left Mylo. He wasn't in the lounge nor the kitchen so I checked the dog run - yup, there he was snuggled into his kennel with his tail wagging. No need for any major concerns then. Before returning to bed I thought I would spend a few minutes with Kiva and Kuje (Mylo choosing to stay in his kennel) - For the next 10 minutes Kiva and Kuje played together like puppies, taking it in turns to chase each other around the lounge like mad things - no noise other than the sound of happy lappies playing. There were times when Kuje even came up to hide behind me and allow me to stoke and pet him - he certainly has made himself at home.

The pictures below show Kuje under my desk, this time with Mylo lying chilled beside it - a champagne moment indeed.

No comments: