Tuesday 15 September 2009

A Day at Dogs to Stay

Today is Sally's last day with us and to mark the occasion she managed to wake us at 6.45 am by managing to turn the TV on with a single wag of her tail - as a result our day started a little earlier than usual, no bad thing really as it meant more time to enjoy the company of the pack of 4. The dynamics between them has been quite amazing to watch - they are all such different characters yet, at the same time so similar - all of them so easily pleased.

As I write Sally is asleep under my desk, Kukko is asleep behind my chair, Mylo lying in the chair to my right (his favourite haunt whilst I am at my desk) and Kiva is, hang on, was to my left - she is now outside in the garden.

Sally does love to play fetch - I had hoped that her enthusiasm for fetching and retrieving a ball might rub off on the Lappies (to them retrieving a ball more than once is a no no) - sadly this was not to be the case especially after Kukko managed to destroy Sally's favourite ball. The picture above shows the 2 of them sharing its remains - Sally looks quite distraught.

On Saturday we heard from Jill, Kukko's owner, and I am sure that she wont object to me posting the some content from her email:

"Thanks so much for all the lovely photos. Came home yesterday and the house is eerily quiet. Frodo ecstatic!! I’ve been very ill indeed with an infection. Having Becky coming in to show me the blog has been fantastic. I don’t know what I’d have done without you and your dogs to look after Kukko."

Jill - it is a pleasure, he is a lovely boy and a joy to have as part of the pack - he will be missed when he goes back home to you.

I posted this one of Kiva and Mylo because I can - they are wonderful in the way that they accept other dogs into their home, accepting the guests as part of the pack at Dogs to Stay without question.

Lappy days indeed.

No comments: