Tuesday 8 September 2009

4 More

No, not another TV channel, but the header for our latest pack of Mylo and Kiva who have been joined by Kuuko (a returning Lappy) and Sally, the rather lovely, though incredibly strong, black Lab.

Kukko is with us for a couple of weeks whilst his owner recovers from an operation, get well soon Jill :-), and he was collected yesterday afternoon and soon settled in to his familiar surroundings. Sally joined him a couple of hours later, she belongs to a neighbour who is "gigging" abroad at a music festival in Corfu, humph.

It didn't take our guests long to establish a hierarchy and other than a couple of very minor spats all is calm. Sally likes to sit, or lie next to me or my father, who is visiting from the States, Kukko is happy being anywhere as long as there is a bone involved and Kiva and Mylo are acting as the perfect hosts.

Meal times are interesting to say the least - 4 dogs, 4 different meals, 3 dogs on weight loss diets and Kiva who just takes her time savouring every mouthful as 3 dogs watch her. Walking the pack is a little tricky - first off I needed to work out weights per brace so that my left and right sides were balanced, unfortunately that meant one pair were pulling far too much - in the end it was Mylo and Sally on my left with Kiva and Kuuko on my right - perfect until they spotted a squirrel.

The evening was remarkably calm before the dogs were put down to bed in the kitchen. It is quite evident that Sally likes spending the night with humans as she was a little vocal until we gave them access to the lounge - a peaceful night ensued.

As I write I have Mylo under my desk, Sally to my left and Kiva and Kukko sharing a bone to my right. Lappy days indeed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so good to have news about you Kukko. I miss you so much but life here is pretty grim so you you would be miserable here.
Thinking of you all the time.
Jill xxxxx

Simon said...

Kukko sends his love and will be starring in a video that I will post here soon.

Sorry to hear you're not doing so well but let's hope you improve soon.

As always, Lappy days