Friday 7 May 2010

Mad Dogs and Englishmen ....

We had a busy day at Dogs to Stay yesterday as we played host to a couple from Wales who came to meet Kiva with a view to maybe having one of her puppies when she is mated this summer. Sue and Ralph are long term Samoyed owners but they are looking to downsize to a Lappy. They turned up with a bag full of treats - the dogs were most impressed - and spent a couple of hours with us interacting with the pack - Scrabble making his presence known, Smuu and Tuukka as chilled as always (I think that they were rather taken with Tuukka), Mylo being Mylo and Kiva winning hearts. 

After they left we met up with Fat Sal for a late afternoon walk.  I think that Scrabble found it all a bit tiring :-)


I have just got back from a walk with the 5 dogs and with them all chilled am able to get down to writing today's update, not that there's a lot more to say ....

The day started late, Scrabble sleeping through the night - I think we have found the secret to a good nights sleep ;-).  Breakfast was served, the dogs were walked, I checked the election results :-(

Now that we have discovered how to ensure Scrabble sleeps through the night I can safely say that our guests really are no trouble, Smuu and Tuukka are 2 of the most chilled guests we have ever had and I'm so glad that Smuu left her bark at home.  I am delighted with the way our own dogs get on with our visitors - though they are normally well behaved Mylo and Tuukka did have a minor set to when they first met some 3 years ago - I think that must have forgotten all about it as they are best mates now. Kiva enjoys being with her granny, I think that the feeling is reciprocated and Scrabble is, for a young puppy away from his humum for the first time very well behaved, he can be a pain in the butt sometimes - he seems to delight in trying to trip me up when we are out walking but he has grown on us, he's also groing up ... he can cock his leg now ;-)

No comments: