Sunday 25 April 2010

Keksi and Ismo's Return Visit

It was over a year ago when Keksi and Ismo were last with us and, until Thursday, it wasn't definite that they would be coming to Dogs to Stay because of the flight disruptions due to the Icelandic volcano.  However they are here and have been since Friday - and what a pleasure they have been.

We have enjoyed some glorious walks - little and often, well not so little for some of them, being the order of the day - and, when not walking or playing the dogs are all very relaxed.  The chemistry between them is a joy to watch - Keksi and Mylo seem to have become an item with Keksi paying particular attention to Mylo's ears - Kiva is almost ambivalent to the guests and Ismo is as good as gold, helping Louise in the kitchen (ever willing to wash any vegetables that might inadvertently drop on the floor) and, contrary to what I expected, remarkably quiet - well, fairly quite, until I pick up his lead.

 

I have just upgraded my mobile phone and as a result now have one of these fancy "smart" phones onto which one can download "apps" (no Luddite me) one of which allows me to track my walks.  I now know that the "round the village" is 1.9 miles and the longer "across the field" walk is 2.5 miles - when I have worked out how to do so I will post the links to a web site which allows you to see the actual route.  As I write Louise is preparing Sunday lunch with Keksi, Ismo, Mylo and Kiva at her side hoping for some more dropped carrots - having dogs underfoot whilst cooking certainly makes the job more interesting.  Not long now before lunch is served - the dogs will be getting theirs too.



Lappy days.

No comments: